Sunday, August 14, 2011

Oceanside

This post really has nothing to do with food, but I'm posting about it anyhow.

Last week we were in Oceanside.  We rented a cute little apartment right on the sand (bottom level of a triplex).  It was amazing.  There is simply nothing like drifting off to sleep to the sound of the crashing surf.  The weather was perfect and gorgeous.

My little white bean! Photo by G. Nolan
The boys loved the beach and had a blast playing in the waves and sand.  I easily became sick of the incessant sand clean up, but the boys didn't mind.

We did manage to get out once to go to Pizza Port for dinner.  If you haven't been and you are in the San Diego area, highly recommend.  Fantastic pizza and even better beer and very family friendly.  We took home a growler of the Poor Man's IPA, I wish we'd brought home more!

Pardon the cell phone pic, but it's a good one!  Pizza Port, Oceanside
One of my favorite nights of the trip was when my father-in-law made his famous chicken and sadza.  My kids rarely eat while we are out at other people's homes.  Both boys chowed down on their Grandad's chicken and sadza, though.  I love how special that meal is to my husband's family and having the whole family (or at least a good chunk of it) together for Oceanside was just awesome.  The boys got more playtime with their cousins than they do the rest of the year combined.

The family after our chicken and sadza meal.  Photo by G. Nolan
We also had a blast another night when my brother-in-law did a big bonfire and the kids stuffed themselves with smores...I may have had a few myself.  There was even a Nolan beach race, both kids and adults combined, and one of the most gorgeous sunsets I've seen in a long time.

Daddy and the bean.  Photo by G. Nolan
Bonfire night!  Photo by G. Nolan

No comments:

Post a Comment